Saturday, August 31, 2013

It is here today!!

At about 5 pm this evening Steven went out to get the mail.  Our mailman was about 4 hours late today.  All of a sudden I heard a loud scream and "My call is here!!"  I think Steven flew across the street to get into the house!  We all gathered together in the living room and he anxiously opened the letter.  He read the first couple of lines, then broke down as he read....Japan Nagoya Mission.  He continued to read the entire letter.  Steven has been praying just to be called, but in his heart he has wanted to serve in Japan.  He will report to the MTC in Provo on December 11, 2013. I figure, one Christmas in the MTC, one Christmas in Japan, then the next Christmas at home!  I can handle that!  We are so proud of him.  He is so excited and ready to serve.  What a great example he is to me.  Next week will be full of haircut, passport, flu shot....  Steven keeps saying, "This feels so surreal". This is what he has been waiting for all of his life!  It is here.  Where has all the time gone?  But it is wonderful and he is ready and mom is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment