Thursday, December 12, 2013

Watch out MTC! Elder Williams is here!

Well, today was the day that no mother is ever prepared for!  Elder Williams entered the MTC.  I pondered on the story of Hannah in the Old Testament.  How she prayed and prayed for a son.  She was blessed with Samuel and had promised to give him to The Lord, to serve Him all the days of his life.  After Samuel was weaned, Hannah courageously and with great faith took her only son to the temple and handed him to Eli to serve The Lord.  She only saw him once a year.  I thought how difficult that must have been for Hannah!  But!  The great blessings she received while Samuel was in the service of The Lord!  She had many more children.  She had great joy and praised The Lord.  Hannah is my hero!

When we pulled up to the MTC yesterday there were no less than 200 elders and sisters lined up along the sidewalk.  They had special tags on that said HOST.  As cars pulled up to the curb an elder (or sister) would walk up to the car with smiles, faith, excitement and love to great the new arrival.  It was amazing!  I began to bawl at that sight.  The elder who greeted Steven told us he was going to Finland.   He could tell I was struggling to keep my composure and took the camera out of my hand and said, "Let me take some pictures for you!"  As you can see in the picture, I didn't want to let go of Steven AND I was crying!  He then collected Steven's luggage and I hugged Steven.  The elder came over and said, "Mom, he is going to love it here.  He will be an awesome missionary!"  I began to cry hysterically.  He and Steven walked down the sidewalk to enter the MTC and the elder turned to wave good bye and told Steven to do the same.  Steven had a great big smile as he waved. We pulled away and I cried and cried.  I cannot wait until his first email or letter!  I am not counting the days.....but I have been able to mark off two days on the calendar so far!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment